CHURCH OPERATIONAL SUMMARY
• Average weekly attendance:
Worship – 125 in one service
Sunday School – 80
• Church staff – Interim Senior Pastor, Administrator, Children’s Director, Custodian.
• Website- www.fbcbasehor.com
• Facebook- First Baptist Church of Basehor
The First Baptist Church of Basehor (FBCB) was established in 1925, in the small community of Basehor, Kansas. Originally, the church building was located in the downtown area of the Basehor community. The current building was completed in 1980 and is situated on a five-acre parcel in the heart of this rapidly growing community. Due to the church body’s growth at that time, in 2007, the building was expanded by attaching a multi-purpose room with additional classroom space, which doubled its capacity. FBCB operates under the guidance of the church’s Elders and Constitution.
Our current senior pastor, Steve Dighton, has been serving on an interim basis since February 2021. In 2017, the church body transitioned affiliation to be singularly aligned with the Southern Baptist Convention after decades of affiliation with American Baptist Churches.
The church also operates Little Friends Preschool, as a separate entity. Little Friends was established in 1989 and is open to the community. It provides a loving environment where each child can be challenged and grow towards their God given potential. Little Friends is very reputable in Basehor and the surrounding areas.
VISION, MISSION, VALUES, BELIEFS
To represent Jesus Christ through community outreach, discipleship, and spiritual growth.
Church Mission Statement:
The mission of the First Baptist Church of Basehor is to reach the surrounding areas and beyond through Christ-centered, Bible-based teaching, empowering people to live as God designed.
• Bible-based: The Bible is God’s Holy word without error
• Love: Love one another as Christ loves us
• Discipling: Reaching the lost and encouraging spiritual growth
• Rejoicing: Rejoice in the Lord always
• Stewardship: Taking care and multiplying what God has given, to His glory
• Servanthood: Being good stewards of our gifts and talents for ministering to others
FBCB affirms the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 which can be found online here.
FBCB offers a wide variety of ministries designed to encourage, strengthen, and grow the body of Christ. We encourage all members to use the gifts God provided to become an integral part of any ongoing ministry to glorify God. These ministries can be categorized under three major areas:
• Spiritual Development and Enrichment
• Children and Youth Ministry
SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT & ENRICHMENT
• Multiple Bible study groups
• Prayer chain
• Live streaming of worship services
• Website that offers online resources
• Sunday School for all ages
• Praise team
• Adult choir
CHILDREN & YOUTH MINISTRY
• Youth groups
• Sponsored youth camp
• Children’s Day camp
• Vacation Bible School (VBS)
• Teen VBS
• Children’s/Junior Church
• Children’s music
• Agape Interfaith Ministries (AIM) India
• Prison Ministry
• Little Friends Preschool
• CPR classes
• Community Events
• Provide Church facility usage to approved community organizations
• Moms in Prayer
• Homeschool Co-op
• Samaritans Purse- Operation Christmas Child
• Food Drives
• Blood Drives
• Worship service:
– Sunday morning at 9:45am
– FBCB worship services occur at one location
– Average service time is approximately 60 minutes
– Mix of traditional and contemporary music
– Audio/visual capable augmented services
– Children’s/Junior Church (9:45am)
• Sunday morning services are livestreamed on the FBCB Website and Facebook
• Sunday school is offered for all ages:
– Adult Sunday School classes offered at 8:30am
-Adult, Children & Youth Sunday School classes offered at 11am
Basehor is a city in southeast Leavenworth County, Kansas and is a suburb of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. It offers the atmosphere and values of a small Midwest town while also providing a wide variety of big-city options for shopping, entertainment, and cultural activities nearby. Basehor is rapidly growing at a rate of 4.47% annually. It is currently the fastest growing city in the state of Kansas. Basehor reached its highest population of 7,104 (within the city limits) in 2021 and is expected to grow exponentially from there. Its population has increased by 54.00% since its previous census, which recorded a population of 4,613 in 2010. The population living in the Basehor-Linwood School District is 14,632. The average household income in Basehor is $117,807. The median rental costs in recent years comes to $1,043 per month, and the median house value is $240,600. The median age in Basehor is 38 years. Many young families are moving to the area.
Basehor is served by the award-winning Basehor-Linwood Unified School District #458 consisting of one early education learning center, five elementary schools (K-5), one middle school (6-8), and one 5A high school (9-12). All of which have gone through recent new construction or expansions, in order to keep up with the continued growth in the community. In addition, the district operates Basehor-Linwood Virtual School, an internet-based school serving approximately 215 K-12 students statewide. Special Education services are provided by the Tonganoxie/Basehor-Linwood Special Education Cooperative located in Basehor. The Basehor-Linwood Athletics Department has also expanded its sport offerings and continues to make the necessary upgrades to its facilities.
For more information about the city of Basehor please click here. A complete demographic study is available upon request.